Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Thankful

This week marks the six month anniversary of my full time job with BayCare Health System. I can still remember the day that I got the phone call... I missed it by moments, but a voicemail blinked urging me to listen to whomevers voice was left on the line the voice on the other line was sweet and compassionate and spoke the words I wanted to hear the most...

"We would like to move forward to make an OFFICIAL OFFER to you for that position."

It was like music to my ears. I was standing on some lady's driveway about to take photos of her backyard for a local company and at that moment, I lost all consciousness. My palms were sweaty and the blue and red scarf I had been wearing around my neck seemed like a heating device all of the sudden. I did not know what to think. I listened to the message two more times over to be sure I had heart correctly as my mind wandered...

"WAIT... Do I have a job!? Am I employed?"

What a day it was. This was the moment that my life as an independent adult began. It all started right there on the finely pressed driveway...

I still have that voicemail saved. February 9, 2012 at 1:31pm. Who thought a job meant so much. I listen to that voicemail on occasion to relive the emotion and the way my heart pounded and the words being spoken on the line suddenly seemed untranslatable. I use this as a reminder, on the days that working is the furthest thing from what I really want to be doing, to be THANKFUL. And thankful I shall aim to be. Thankful for a job that gave me a completely new start, has taken me on many adventures, and has given me the chance to meet some wonderful people.
I am thankful. And my all the glory go to God.

-km

No comments:

Post a Comment