Friday, August 17, 2012

DIY I Bedroom Furniture

I guess you could say the project really began many moons ago. Back when I first started my job, began garage sale-ing and collecting such "gems" to build a home with. Lamps are dang expensive so to find such a large lamp for under $5.00 is a steal. However, the not so charming brown base can almost make your eye balls bleed! No fear, paint to the rescue! With a quick fix and a can of spray paint, it has turned into a modern lamp for this room in progress...
So onto the next project I did go. This one, not so simple, but much more rewarding. I got my hands on a nice dresser that I could make into my newest master piece to continue to create a room that is welcoming and appealing to the eye. I have never fully refinished such a large piece of furniture, but I was ready to take on the task. With some late nights, early mornings, and many coats of primer, paint, and sealant, I had success!

And here we have the beginning...
The middle...

And the end...
 I picked up some more modern knobs to seal the deal. Just a simple Target purchase. Target saves the day again!
 And you know I couldn't just stop there! So another project is in the works! Every night I take another step towards completion! Be on the look out for what the finished product looks like and how our home is being transformed.
 
 Until next time...
-km

3 comments:

  1. Buying bedroom furniture does not have to be an expensive option. Good, tasteful and well made furniture can be purchased at reasonable prices also. First you have to know which bedroom the furniture is to be purchased for.

    bed room furniture melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the furniture and lights too... Decoration is awesome I am inspired... Thanks for sharing.
    sculptures for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! Your post is an excellent example of why I keep coming back to read your excellent quality content that is forever updated.

    Furniture Melbourne

    ReplyDelete