Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Indianapolis 500 I Memories

Growing up in Indianapolis, Memorial day weekend has always been a racing weekend. The thought of missing the chaos of getting to the track, the long walk on black top where you can almost see the heat coming off of it as thousands of people flock towards the speedway, the people watching, the fried chicken, cold beer, the smell of the burning rubber, the hum of the engines, and the cheers from the crowds as the cars make the fourth turn. Oh it is like heaven! It brings a smile to my face just thinking about a day of such amazingness. You walk away exhausted and as red as a lobster, but it is pure amazingness. Oh Indy, I really do love you.

I hope you enjoyed last years memories & I hope that in 2013 you will find me on those bleachers once again. I cheered on TK to the final lap, but maybe next year! Enjoy your weekend!

Ps. Isn't it amazing how much can change in a year? Looking back, I am amazed! 
-km

1 comment:

  1. Very nice and nice places pictures. Its passed a memorable time.
    imemories

    ReplyDelete