Saturday, May 5, 2012

Reflection


This is a weekend of such powerful reflections.... 

Six Months Ago
I began my journey to Florida and was crossing my fingers that I was following God's plan for my life in this and not my own. My jaw hits the floor when I think that it has already been that long. When I think about where I have come from on that November day, getting in the car in full out tears to make the sixteen hour drive, I am nothing short of amazed at how God has transformed my life into what it is today.
No way, in my wildest dreams could I have dreamt up what my life is today. Who would have thought God would have sent me on an adventure like this. This just proves what I already knew, (but not sure I had truly accepted it) that God has the most miraculous plan for your life. His plan consists of adventures, people, trials, and successes that you would have never thought possible. (Can I get an AMEN!?)
I am thankful for each of you who have been a part of this process and supported me as my life drastically changed.





One Year Ago
I walked through the campus of Anderson University for the final time as a student. ( I promise I have no more degrees up my sleeve this time). I walked across that stage and was finished with my second degree at the age of twenty three. After the celebration, a plane ride to the Czech Republic and to Europe I would go and explore. That was a whole year ago! No more evenings with Kelly and our ridiculousness that we put on regularly. No more class,  no more "I'm a dumb kid," but off to the real world. To think that I have been away from that “normalcy” for that long seems simply impossible.



Two Years Ago
I left University Blvd not knowing for sure what the next year would hold. I left my college family as we started to spread ourselves around the country to make our own footprints on life. I have talked to several people this week about what a whirl wind it has been and every time, I say that I can remember my senior year like it was yesterday. Working in the wellness center, FC 204, genes root beer stand, tv nights with friends, making dinner with friends, and just the simple laughter. Those are the days that I will never forget. Where I found some of the best people that have left a lasting imprint on my life. Who would have thought that a small town on the north side of Indianapolis could change your life? The people that God brought to that place are irreplaceable in my life. The best part is that while we are hundreds and even thousands of miles apart, we are remaining a family and continue to pray and serve each other despite the distance.
I love you all with all of my heart.




-km

No comments:

Post a Comment