Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Red Bandana I Camarada

Ahhhhhh..... the week is among us! Twitter and Facebook has been full of memories of past and current Camarada & Dativus members as the week that changed so many lives is here once again. These two groups are one of my most memorable pieces that I took away from my time at Anderson University. Without the women that have made up Camarada my life would not be the same. The lessons and hardships of RUSH (I refuse to call it by another other name (bad decision by administration)) were some of the most important lessons I learned over my four years at AU. I love my school and I love my club.


My thoughts and prayers are with those planning and implementing RUSH this year and those who are taking part in it for the very first time. While the challenge was there and tears were shed, it was worth every step, every minute of lost sleep, every hug at the end, and every friendship I gained from it.








My sophomore year.
Yoda.
No sleep.
Avoiding the valley.
Professor told me to just sleep during class.
First Nursing Exam of  college.
I will never forget.














Homecoming sophomore year, selling the best caramel apples in town. Little did I know it was only beginning.














I gained an awesome friend that was my RUSH captain. She became my accountability group leader & every once in a while we would eat our feelings in DQ ice cream cake. I miss seeing her goofy face.









I followed in her footsteps and took on the daunting task of being a RUSH captain to the next class. One of the hardest rolls, but more than worth it. I only wish that others could know that it was like to be put into those shoes. Priceless. I would do it over 100 times again.










The junior class at formal club just days after breaking my foot in our IM game (so I am rocking the boot)











Little did I know I would get the chance the be a RUSH captain for the second time. What an honor to be chosen. I gained life long friends and it was even better the second time around. I can't put into words what I gained, but I feel it every day of my life. All I can do is be thankful.










Every Tuesday night after Officers, we had quality Whooty time. Tuesday's became my favorite night of the week where I got to spend quality time with these girls and keep each other accountable. These girls are what kept me going even when I was questioning what was ahead.










Final Cheap Thrills that DKA put on. It is amazing how much a Friday night like this can come to mean to you.






When push comes to shove I gained a bunch of Jesus lovin' ladies that have my back no matter what.


I was then given the honor to come back as an Alumni with other RUSH captains and speak to the 2010 RUSHees. What an honor for all of us.












Homecoming 2010. 
While it was rainy, I was there with my best friends. Oh happy day!

2011 Homecoming is just around the corner and the countdown is on. The day that brings friends together & Camarada is at the core of it. Camarada made me a better and stronger girl for what I will face during and beyond those years at Anderson University. What a great club that can change a girls life for the better. 

I love you girls. I carry your heart.

-km

No comments:

Post a Comment