Sunday, September 11, 2011

We will Never Forget 9/11

On a Tuesday morning while taking ISTEP in the 8th grade, America as I knew it changed forever. I watched in awe as the two towers I stood in front of just months prior fell to the ground and took hundreds of innocent lives with them.

On that day the meaning and honor of my country changed for me. Maybe it was just was maturity, but either way I started to understand the true meaning of being an American.

Today a young man stood in front of the memorial to the World Trade center and told his story. He was just an 8th grader, thirteen years old, when his father was swallowed up in the bellowing cloud of smoke of the World Trade Center just ten years ago. Now he stood in front of the world as a grown twenty three year old man and shared how that day changed his life. He was my age. The same terrible thing could have happened to my family on that horrid day. I couldn't help but tear up throughout the morning TV coverage and this mornings church service.

Today I supported my country in my red, white, and blue as my heart was filled with love and honor for the people and love of this country I call my home.


God is our refuge and strength and ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, thought earth give way and mountains fall into the sea, though its waters roar with foam and mountains quake with surging.

We serve a mighty God that is in complete control. We must simply trust.

And now these three remain:
FAITH
HOPE &
LOVE.
But the greatest of these is love.


One Nation. Under God.

-km

No comments:

Post a Comment