Monday, September 19, 2011

Prunie

Sunday morning I arose before the sun and put on a floral blouse & little black skirt. The gps is set for Lexington Avenue, Elkhart, Indiana and my heart could not be happier.

This is the morning I get to see one of my best friends. Over the past eight months, the telephone is what has kept us connected through the trials that have been before us. But today that all changes. This day I get to wrap my arms around her and put my hands on her prego belly for the very first time.To say that I was a giddy five year old would be an understatement. Seeing her step out of the car the squeals began and I got to give her infinite hugs for the six hours Elkhart held my presence.

The shower was beautiful & full of laughter. The owl theme was on everything and fit Jess in every way.












The gift I gave to Jess was home made. It will need some altering once the baby comes, but until then... Her expected due date is 10.23.11 and I made her this to represent her baby's birthday. She cried the moment she opened it. It was perfect!


Just as with any baby shower, there was CAKE! This was not your standard cake now. I received my piece and with excitement discovered it had RASPBERRY filling. Hollllllaaaaaaa! Let's just say I was in heaven.... and Lynnae was disgusted ;)









It was a perfect afternoon and at the end of it all I got to sit and spend some quality time talking to the girl who keeps my head above water. She keeps me calm when life is not panning out how I planned and I continue to wait for every important aspect of my life to happen. She reminds me regularly that God has a plan. In his timing these things will happen. I can see that she believes that with her whole heart and it allows me to breath a little easier. I don't know what I would do without her in my life. She is the person here on earth that can calm my raging seas when I question what God has in store for my life. After all, "I can do all things in Christ who gives me strength." She continues to show that in her life as she lives by this verse.

Until then we wait to see what bundle of joy He will bring to the world. Girl? Boy? For now just Prunie.

One month and counting!
I love you Jess.




















-km

No comments:

Post a Comment