Tuesday, November 15, 2011

FLoridian I A leap of Faith

And so some time has passed since I arrived in Wesley Chapel, Florida late on November 3...

No matter what comes out of this time I have spent here in Florida, it was and is necessary for me to do this for myself. The feelings of complete terror have been washed away and filled with hope. I had my first job interview since being here (while I got called back for a second round, it simply was just not for me), bettered my photography skills, have spent most every morning job searching and tapping my toe to music of my choice, getting engaged in a great church with some solid people, running around Busch Gardens as though I am a child seeing it all for the first time, spending the weekend with a couple of college friends, and the list goes on and on... (I even got referred to as a 'Floridian,' which was fun! Ha).

While the stress of unemployment and the frustration that accompanies that feeling is still very present, I have had the overwhelming feeling of being free engulf me. Free. Freedom. Nothing in my path. Wind in my hair, free. And that has been uplifting for my soul.

And so I continue to pray and remember that God is in ultimate control. He knows the desires of my heart. He has my life story written in the most beautiful novel. He has a life for me more wonderful than I could ever imagine. God knows me better than I know myself. God is good. God is all powerful. God is on my team. I will continue to trust and glorify Him each morning I wake up, knowing with Him all things are possible.

Jeremiah 29:11
-km

1 comment:

  1. Kortni, God does have a beautiful story laid out for you. He's already shown you such beauty. Your talent with photography is amazing! I can't wait to see what he will do with it. Enjoy Florida, friend!

    ReplyDelete